I finally got around to it this week! I baked the layers in the morning so they would be cooled and ready when I laid my boy's down for nap. I figured I had at least 2 hours and that would be enough...........
I learned many things from this little experiment. I will detail it as I post the pics. Remember, this is my first EVER attempt to do anything like this!!
|I started with my new decorating set I got for Christmas.|
|BTW---mine actually tasted better and held up better on the roses. The only problem was, they were 2 different shades of white! It annoyed me, but no one else seemed to notice.|
|I should have read the part that she poured simple syrup and froze her layers beforehand. Mine were falling apart everywhere! Lesson learned!|
|A messy, crumby, base icing job. Good thing the roses covered it up|
|My first attempt!|
|This is the point when I ran out of icing the 1st time. When she said it used a lot of icing, she wasn't kidding. I used 4 batches and still needed more!|
|My kitchen is super dark. I need new lighting!!!!! Hence, all my pics are a little dark.|
|This is the point when the boys woke up from nap. I was also out of icing again.|